Saturday, March 28, 2015

Diet Trick - Meat/veggy balls - Gluten Free & Low Carb! Super Delish!! EASY

Diet Trick - Nutritious Meat Balls

These Fabulous meatballs can be made in unlimited amount of flavors.

 The most wonderful thing about them is that your veggies are hidden in the mix.  You barely taste the veggies and you have a wonderful low carb, gluten free, nutritously packed snack.

I make a large batch and freeze them in single use baggies. Each time I make a different flavor.  I use a cake pop pan to bake mine in but a regular cookie sheet will do fine.


A very important ingriediant is Cream of Tarter. When it is mixed with baking soda and water it creates an  effervescence  which in turn keeps the meatballs light and fluffy instead of being compacted and chewy.

The General recipe is very easy, I use about 3 lbs of meat.  I split the meat between at least two differnet kinds of meat.  Like beef and turkey, turkey and pork (asian), beef and lamb and turkey (greek).  There are just two many combos, but I try to keep a fatty with a lean. Then I add approx. 2 cups of finely chopped veggies like spinach, cabbage, carrots, squash, onions, mushrooms, etc.  Believe me, they do not overpower the meat at all. Add some spices and a little liquid not over 1/4 cup and sprinkle with a binder, such as almond flour, oats, coconut flour, flax or chia seed or a combinantion of binders.  Just mix , form into 1 1/2 " balls and bake.  You get a whole meal in the little meatball.  About 6 meatballs and youve had lunch.

Here is a version of my Greek meatballs.  Hamburg and lamb, Spinach, carrots, onions, green onions, kale, parsley, cilantro, garlic, mustard seed, Oregano, Oat flour, Chia seed, splash of red wine vinager and worcester mixed up with feta and parmesan cheeses. Baked - froze - now a pick of ready to nuke to enjoy with a pleasent balsmic dip.

 Next I am making Asian with ground pork, turkey, chinese cabbage etc.... Yum cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment